Wednesday, May 2, 2007

ZoHoHoHooooo

ZoHo, I love you. I don't care that Cnet.com only gave you 5.7. I don't care that I can't download a single thing that I have stored on your server. I simply don't care about that, I love you.

Sure, Flickr and I had some good times, but its over and they weren't the same, they meant nothing to me. But you, you were different. Right from the start you were easy going. You were approachable. I didn't have to compete for my username when I registered with you. You accepted me for who I wanted to be, not the phonetic monster of a username others wanted to make me into. It was as though I was the most important account to you, and right off the bat, I felt special, felt..... felt at home.

I didn't have to read any any lengthy commitments or agreements to get to know you. You just greeted me with open arms and your cute little logo. You are simply there for me when I need you the most. When my hard drive is down, or my flash drive is missing. And when we are together, I don't have to share you with pop ups or other advertising.

I know you lack some features, but hey, don't we all. Your features alone are not as important to me. What I really care about is a little deeper than superficial features, and something I'm willing to wait for with you. You are potential. And in the deep, deep ocean of Web 2.0 options, you offer something real, something meaningful, something I can use.

And your commitment to me seems almost boundless. Sure, I expect you to be there for me on my work pc, my home pc. And of course, we can meet up on my laptop at a coffee shop. But no, you are willing to go places with me that I never dreamed you would follow.

If I asked you to meet me on my Wii, would you? .........Yes! How about my PS3?....... You'll meet me there too! How about my PSP in a coffee shop?.... No, not yet. Well thats okay, in time.

I still love you.

No comments: