Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Convoy!

As I'm reading the Blog Titles that all the 2.0 participants have come up with it occured to me that blogging is not much different than the good old CB radio of yore. So with that as inspiration I will describe my morning cell phone call with my wife in the Jargon of those who keep the economy going, Truckers!

I drove my daughter to school today but was running late because of traffic, while on the way my wife called me on the cell to tell me the holiday plans she discussed with her sisters.

I put the hammer down but got stuck in the granny lane behind a roller skate taking the bubblegum to school. Then the old lady gives me a holler about Christmas plans after the hag fest. Over


I tell her, "I don't want to go to your fathers on Christmas Eve but rather on Christmas Day"

Negatory on the Jamboree Twenty at the Old Mans, Good Buddy. Over.


She says she agrees but her sister has allready bought dinner for Christmas day so we are going as planned.

10-4 good buddy but negatory, do you copy?


I say "fine but where do you want to eat tonight?"

10-4 good buddy. Requesting a twenty on panty hose junction tonight? Comeback


Her cell phone is fading and she'll call back later. Good buy darling.

We got some bleeding, I'll holler back on the nickel. eighty eight over.

4 comments:

jokesmithee said...

We gotta plain brown wrapper at the 20 yardstick there Eastbound, c'mon.

Brett said...

10-4 good budy, we gotta back off on the hammer or will end up riding the one way camper, come back.

Steven said...

Dear Sir,

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Steven said...

Dear Proprietor of Spam on Toast Blog,

I received your complimentary gift, the beta tape called "How to Do Good Customer Service for Librarians." Unfortunately my VCR player does not do beta. Could you please send something in VCR format, or even better a DVD?

Thank you.